Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm Back and with Pinterest!

It's been a few days, but I don't want to give up yet.

I found it's a lot more amusing when I blog either high on cold medication or lack of sleep. Lucky for everyone, it's just lack of sleep today because...

I tried to sleep in a bed last night with the Geico pig! Why was this person up all night squealing? I have no clue. I think my days of co-sleeping are coming to an end. However, I'm not talking about my husband. My little squishy is almost a year old now and needs to start pulling her weight around here starting with sleeping in her own bed. I still can't believe she is that big already!

And speaking of a first birthday, I have decided to try to find cute ideas for a little party. I started my journey into Pinterest. I never understood the hype until I went and checked it out for myself. It is a place of true wonder, ideas, beauty, weirdness, and downright creepy. I love it. I have yet to get any ideas for her birthday, but I did run across a really creepy picture. To most, it's probably cute and really girly. Two things I am not.

It is a picture of a pregnant woman cake with a foot sticking out. I have no idea why it creeps me out so much, but the thought of cutting a piece makes me shiver over my own C-section. Nonetheless, it's cake, and I would still eat it. I just wouldn't want to be the person delivering it.




Another thing I found on Pinterest that I tried. Did not work. I wanted to find quick and lazy ways to make household cleaners. I'm finding out it's so much easier and lazy just to buy the stuff! I tried the DIY oven cleaner made with only baking soda and water. By the time I was done and let it dry, I thought I should be down in the nude for my new makeshift cocaine factory. It only left a huge white mess everywhere and cleaning it was a joke! This is the time when you wish someone from church would come over. Don't forget to put a little  "baking soda" on your nose to get the full shock value.


No comments:

Post a Comment